When you’re shopping for women’s health supplements, the options can be overwhelming. If you’re like me and prefer to shop with help from Google, you’ll quickly find a quick search for “best supplements for women” is more confusing than helpful.
How to find the best women’s health supplement
Honestly, the truth is, there’s no one best supplement. It’s impossible. Your needs are as unique as you are and ultimately your choice will depend on a variety of factors:
- Your age
- Your current health
- Your reason for seeking supplementation
- Your personal preferences
- Your budget
- Your medications
A good way to search for women’s health supplements that will meet your needs is to start with what’s ailing you. Here, we’ve compiled a list of our 5 best-selling supplements for women — each specifically formulated to assist with common women’s health concerns.
5 of the best supplements for women’s health
1. The best supplement for overall female reproductive health: Chaste tree (Vitex)
Chaste tree has long been associated with relieving unpleasant symptoms associated with menstruation, including:
- Breast pain
- Mood concerns
- Menstrual irregularity
You should take chaste tree extract if you’re not pregnant or lactating and have trouble with the above symptoms.
2. The best supplement for women in menopause: Estroven
Estroven Menopause Relief + Stress is our top-selling menopause support, formulated to help manage symptoms associated with menopause and stress, including:
- Night sweats
- Hot flashes
- Low energy
This best-seller has frequently been called a “lifesaver” by menopausal women who claim it reduces or gets rid of hot flashes and boosts mood and energy when taken once daily.
3. The best supplement for women over 40: DHEA
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is an adrenal hormone that the body uses to make sex hormones. DHEA levels peak in adults at around 25 years, and steadily decline during aging.
Because of this, DHEA supplementation is recommended mainly for women over 40. Its uses are wide-ranging and include support for the following:
- Metabolic syndrome
- Heart health
- Mood and energy
- Bone health
- Fat loss
4. The best supplement for women needing memory support: Pregnenolone
Pregnenolone plays a crucial role in biosynthesis of women’s hormones, but, much like DHEA, the body’s natural levels drop significantly after age 30.
Many women take pregnenolone to support cognitive and memory function. It acts as a neuroprotector and can help increase neuron growth and support nerve function in the brain, improving learning and memory.
It’s also been show to support the following benefits:
- Improved mood
- Sleep performance
- Weight loss
5. The best supplement for boosting female libido: Libido-F
Women have unique needs when it comes to physical intimacy. This herbal supplement is made with a wide range of herbs selected to strengthen and support women’s sexual arousal and desire. Many women report positive effects including:
- Improved libido
- Improved sexual function
- Improved energy
- Reduced stress
Need help finding the supplement that fits your goals?
- Browse Sona’s full range of Women’s Health products. All of the products we offer have been professionaly evaluated and pharmacist-approved, so you know you’re getting high quality.
- Email us at [email protected] to let us help you find the best supplements for your unique health goals. We’ll be happy to talk with you about what you’re looking for.