Lantern Health, a local Direct Primary Care office, will be opening a second location co-located at Sona Pharmacy + Clinic, beginning this fall! Their current location (84 Coxe Ave.) will continue to serve the downtown area and this addition will bring Direct Primary Care to East Asheville.
In addition to direct primary care memberships, Lantern Health will also have pre-priced walk-in services available at the new Sona location. Unfamiliar with Direct Primary Care? Don’t worry, we have answers to common questions and more on our FAQ page. Click below to learn more and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you have any additional questions!
Beginning July 1st, the clinic will temporarily close for renovations until Lantern Health moves in this fall. During this time, there will be no closures or disruptions in service at Sona Pharmacy. We will keep you informed about the reopening date! In the meantime, you can sign up to join Lantern Health now through the link below.
Call for more information about Lantern Health.
It’s About Health And Care
Your experience at Sona is different from the moment you walk into the door. Imagine a beautiful waiting room that you’ll spend very little time in, because the way we practice is more efficient. Imagine spending more time with your doctor. Imagine a team based approach to your health. Imagine a full-service pharmacy right next door.
We do our best every day to make your experience peaceful, convenient, and easy. Going to the doctor shouldn’t make being sick feel worse. So, let’s get better together. See your doctor, talk to your pharmacist, pick up your medicine, vitamins, and over-the-counter drugs all in one stop. Makes seeing the doctor feel a little better, right?
Our doctors work as part of a team to make sure you have the best care possible. We’ve created a place where your health-care needs are met with service, quality, and convenience – where patients matter most.
From our old Tunnel Road Location (948 Tunnel Road)
- – From the old location of Blue Ridge Pharmacy, head east on US 70/Tunnel Road for 0.3 miles
- – Turn right at the Sonic Drive-in onto Governor’s View Road
- – Turn right at the stop sign onto Swannanoa River Road
- – Follow Swannanoa River Road for 0.9 miles, past the WNC Nature Center
- – Turn left onto Fairview Road (US 74 ALT E) across from the Municipal Golf Course
- – Go 0.3 miles and turn left into Oakley Plaza (the shopping center with Babies “R” Us)
- – Sona Pharmacy is the new building on the left
From I-240 East, take exit 8 (US 74 ALT West)
- – Head west on Fairview Road for 0.4 miles towards the WNC Nature Center (away from Biltmore Village)
- – You will pass River Ridge on the left
- – Sona Pharmacy + Clinic is on the right in Oakley Plaza
- – If you reach Swannanoa River Road or the turn to Highland Brewing, you’ve gone too far!