The Guide to the Sona Access Program
- • Are you a caregiver that would like help managing a complex list of medications?
- • Are you transitioning back to home after being at the hospital or skilled nursing facility?
- • Are you an individual who lives at home, with or without assistance, and would appreciate help managing your prescriptions?
- • Would you like your medications specifically packaged to help you keep track of what you need to take at what time?
The Sona Access Program is here to help!
What is the Sona Access Program?
Sona Access is a service designed to provide personalized assistance for managing complex medication regimens. The goal of the program is to ensure individuals are taking the correct medications at the right time to help improve their health.
How does the program work?
The Sona Access program is a referral based service where anyone including caregivers, doctors’ offices, home health agencies, and other health care facilities can refer patients.
Upon enrollment in the program, a member of our clinically trained team will conduct a home visit, or phone conversation if preferred, to learn more about each individual’s current medication list and history.
Using this knowledge, a pharmacist will review the medication list to develop a personalized plan to ensure each medication is being taken properly. Once the plan is in place, we will sync all the patients’ monthly medications and deliver them directly to their door for free.
Our clinically trained team will provide a monthly care call to check on the individual and ensure they are adhering to their medication plan. Our Sona pharmacists are also on call 24/7 in case of any emergencies.
How will I fill my prescriptions?
Upon enrolling in the program, the Sona staff will switch over all current prescriptions to our pharmacy. This process will include obtaining any transfers from your previous pharmacy, or contacting your provider for any prescriptions that are expired or out of refills.
If any new medications are prescribed, your doctor will send prescriptions to Sona Pharmacy as they normally do. The Sona team will fill your prescriptions, and sync up any maintenance medications with your other medications so they will match up and be due to refill at the same time.
How will I pay for my prescriptions?
Sona accepts NC Medicaid and Medicare prescription plans, in addition to private insurance and cash paying patients.
What are the current results of the program?
Putting a pharmacist on your health care team can have a significant impact on patient safety. Based on a 2016 study of the Sona Access program, the program generated the following results:
- • Enrollees experienced a 55% decrease in the number of hospitalizations pre-enrollment vs. post-enrollment
- • The program reduced readmissions to 4.1% per 100 patients vs. the national average of 17.3% readmissions per 100 patients
- • The program generated a potential health care savings of $1,478 per patient when compared to national averages for all cause readmissions
What are the benefits of the Sona Access Program?
- • Increases the quality of life for enrollees and family members
- • Free delivery saves time and money
- • Pharmacists on call 24/7
- • Increased medication compliance
- • Fewer admissions to hospitals and long-term care facilities
- • Decreased health care costs
- • Medication refill synchronization and care calls when it’s time to fill medications
The Sona Access program is a great step in ensuring you or your loved ones are taking medications properly. In a day and age of complex health care, Sona strives to build quality customer relationships to help keep individuals healthy.
If you have any additional questions, or would like to refer an individual to the program, please call 828-348-3000. Please visit https://sonapharmacy.com/for-providers/ for more information.
Be on the lookout for our next blog post for a detailed explanation on the benefits of adherence packaging!