The New Year is officially here!
With the ringing in of 2018, we like to look back on the highlights of 2017:
– In collaboration with Substance Free Buncombe Youth, Sona hosted our first ever “Drug Take Back Day” in April! Throughout the year, over 30 pounds of unused prescription drugs were collected and properly destroyed.
– Sona Pharmacy + Clinic was the first retailer in the country to carry Theraworx. Theraworx, a local success story from Black Mountain, is now stocked in chain and independent pharmacies across the nation.
– Sona Benefits, our transparent pharmacy benefit management service, is now serving nine employer groups across North Carolina. The opportunity to partner with organizations, set healthcare goals, and actively oversee the pharmacy benefit for employees is the reason we established this service just over one year ago.
– The Sona Access program is supporting more patients, doctors offices, and caregivers than ever before. The program is ideal for patients having difficulty managing complex medication regimens on their own.
– The Sona Compounding rebrand successfully launched in May, and continues to grow by servicing the WNC community with personalized medications.
– Due to our patient’s fundraising efforts, Sona was able to donate to the Houston Food Bank following Hurricane Harvey this fall. The Houston Food Bank continues to spread hope by caring for the individuals displaced by the devastating storms.
– The dedicated Sona delivery staff drove in the snow, sun, rain, and sleet to deliver over 110,000 prescriptions across Western North Carolina this year.
– Finally, with the loyal support of our customers, and the commitment to high-quality service from our team, Sona continues to grow each and every day.
2018 is sure to bring its share of excitement, accomplishments, disappointments, smiles, tears, and laughs.
We would not have had the opportunities to grow in 2017 without the constant support of our customers; and for that, we genuinely thank you.
We are extremely grateful you have entrusted Sona with your care in 2017, and we hope to continue serving you and your family throughout 2018 and beyond.
Happy New Year!
The Sona Pharmacy + Clinic Team