1070 Tunnel Road
Asheville, NC 28805
We Are Looking For…
As the Recruiting and Retention Specialist, you will work closely with the Director of HR to develop strategies to recruit and retain healthcare employees who embody our culture of hospitality. You will be responsible for the recruitment, onboarding, training, engagement, and retention of our pharmacy workforce.
To thrive in this role…
We are looking for someone who has a thirst for knowledge and is continually learning new ways to improve their craft. This role will require you to build relationships and a high level of credibility with the hiring teams, so your ability to be adaptable, communicate clearly, and follow-through will be the foundation to your success.
What will your day look like?
- Actively attract and source candidates through networking, social media, company website, job boards, and recruiting events including open houses and regional job fairs
- Oversee and follow through on all steps of the hiring process including phone screens, coordinating interviews with the hiring team, reference and background checks, license verifications, and presenting verbal and written offers
- Maintain excellent communication throughout the recruitment cycle with the internal hiring team as well as with candidates in all stages of the hiring process
- Assist in the new hire onboarding process by coordinating and conducting orientation and the company culture training
- Partner with supervisors throughout the 90-day training program by coordinating regular check-ins and assisting where needed
- Assist in the planning of all company appreciation events, holiday parties, and other gatherings
- Actively engage with employees on our internal engagement platform, Community
- Review turnover reports and provide creative and strategic recommendations for improvement
- Order and distribute all company-branded items including apparel, notebooks, pens, water bottles, uniforms, etc…
What Will You Need to Succeed?
- At least 1+ years of recruitment experience
- Previous employer branding experience is preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to follow through on tasks and see things through to completion
- Highly organized allowing you to multi-task while maintaining great accuracy
- Attention to detail in everything you do
- Thirst for knowledge and someone who is always learning new things.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Technologically savvy
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Skilled at working both independently and within a team environment
Not only are we committed to offering excellent company benefits, but we also have the added perk of working in a flexible, respectful, and supportive team environment.
- Company health plans including medical, prescription, vision, dental, and supplemental insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid membership for a Direct Primary Care program offering local, personalized care for you and your family
- Wellness program with discounted gym memberships and an employee assistance program
- Prioritized work + life balance by providing generous vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays
- Paid volunteer days
- 401k plan with company match
We’re on a mission to improve healthcare. Will you join us?
At Sona, our patients are more than medications. They’re people with a story, a family, a history, and a future. And when they come to the pharmacy counter, they need more than medications. They need someone who cares about them and wants them to feel their best so they can enjoy their lives outside of the pharmacy walls.
Could you be that “someone”? Our mission can only happen when we hire the right people.
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.