Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator
Sona Corporate Offices
1070 Tunnel Road
Asheville, NC 28805
Who we are…
As an independent company founded by pharmacists, we realized there was a lack of transparency in the pharmacy benefits industry. Utilizing our team of clinical pharmacists, we decided to align our interests with employers and create a different model. Our mission is to partner with self-funded organizations to build a high-performing, transparent pharmacy plan that meets their goals: reduced healthcare costs and improved employee health.
We Are Looking For…
A Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator to serve as the primary point of contact for member questions and patient assistance programs. This role is responsible for answering customer service questions and helping individual members, employees of self-funded clients, apply for applicable programs, and ensure a high-quality experience to completion. Through this process, individual members benefit, and self-funded clients reduce costs.
What will your day look like?
- Handle customer service responsibilities include fielding phone calls, communicating with pharmacies, and assisting in the prior authorization process
- Determine necessity and advise members on options including copay assistance, manufacturer assistance, etc.
- Coordinate with members, provider offices, and drug manufacturers
- Enroll members into applicable programs, obtain approval decisions, and provide timely communication
- Coordinate with pharmacies to ensure programs run smoothly
- Manage and track assistance procured for all members
- Calculate and document ROI of services for self-funded employer group clients
- Ensure customer satisfaction through exceptional hospitality, extraordinary member care, and issue resolution
What Will You Need to Succeed?
- 2+ years of related experience working in a pharmacy environment
- 2+ years of customer service experience with a passion for helping others
- Experience handling member questions
- Experience with patient assistance programs
- Associates or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- National Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) license
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
- Be understanding and empathetic while handling sensitive situations
- Ability to remain calm while addressing difficult questions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to foster relationships
Not only are we committed to offering excellent company benefits, but we also have the added perk of working in a flexible, respectful, and supportive team environment.
- Company health plans including medical, prescription, vision, dental, and supplemental insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid membership for a Direct Primary Care program offering local, personalized care for you and your family
- Wellness program with discounted gym memberships and an employee assistance program
- Prioritized work + life balance by providing generous vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays
- Paid volunteer days
- 401k plan with company match
We’re on a mission to improve healthcare. Will you join us?
At Sona, our patients are more than medications. They’re people with a story, a family, a history, and a future. And when they come to the pharmacy counter, they need more than medications. They need someone who cares about them and wants them to feel their best so they can enjoy their lives outside of the pharmacy walls.
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.