Pharmacist (Part Time)
Sona Pharmacy + Clinic
805 Fairview Rd
Asheville, NC 28803
We Are Looking For…
We are looking for a part-time Pharmacist to serve our patients and be a collaborative team player with our pharmacy staff. This person will ensure that our patients receive the medication and care that they need, ranging from routine immunizations to patient consultations. Our pharmacy’s unique model and workflow focuses on providing hospitality in healthcare. This role will also serve as a trusted advisor and mentor to our pharmacy technicians, pharmacy interns, front-end associates, and delivery drivers.
We are looking for someone who wants to make a difference in the lives of patients while also contributing to an innovative, patient-centered pharmacy model.
What will your day look like?
- Directs pharmacy staff engaged in counting, filling, packaging, labeling, and delivering medications.
- Certified to provide appropriate immunizations (includes active CPR certification)
- Face-to-face meetings and phone consultations with patients and/or their caregivers to discuss specific pharmacy-related and disease-specific questions.
- Assess patients’ needs concerning medication adherence. This includes counseling, motivational interviewing, and assessment for adherence packaging solutions.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Practices pharmacy that:
- Complies with all record-keeping requirements for controlled substances.
- Provides prospective and retrospective DUR to ensure patient safety.
- Reviews prescriptions issued by a physician or other authorized prescriber, to assure accuracy and assess the appropriateness of therapy.
- Dispenses prescribed medications and recommends appropriate over-the-counter therapies according to professional standards, company policy, and state and federal legal requirements.
What Will You Need to Succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy
- PharmD degree preferred
- Active license to practice pharmacy in North Carolina
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and follow-through abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to foster both internal and external relationships.
- Must be well-organized and able to prioritize tasks and document actions in a fast-changing environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
We’re on a mission to improve healthcare. Will you join us?
At Sona, our patients are more than medications. They’re people with a story, a family, a history, and a future. And when they come to the pharmacy counter, they need more than medications. They need someone who cares about them and wants them to feel their best so they can enjoy their lives outside of the pharmacy walls.
Could you be that “someone”? Our mission can only happen when we hire the right people.
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.