805 Fairview Rd
Asheville, NC 28803
We Are Looking For
A Delivery Operations Manager will oversee all operations that ensure the safe delivery of medications to our patients across WNC. This includes evaluating delivery routes, shift schedule oversight, logistics, and fleet vehicle maintenance. In addition, you will be responsible for managing and developing our team of delivery drivers through hiring initiatives, onboarding, training, and coaching.
To thrive in this role…
You are someone who is upbeat, positive, and enthusiastic to lead our delivery team. To be successful in this role, you are someone who is driven, organized, follows through, and is always thinking of creative solutions to overcome challenges.
What will your day look like?
- Coordinate the logistics of medication delivery from multiple pharmacy locations to patient’s homes in an efficient manner across WNC
- Oversee scheduling of delivery department staff to ensure patient needs and company goals are being met
- Ensure the safe and effective operation of the delivery department
- Develop efficient routes and systems to ensure that deliveries are made in a timely fashion
- Oversee the regularly scheduled maintenance of the delivery vehicles
- Plan for and purchase additional vehicles as needed according to fleet age, mechanical conditions, and business growth
- Organize and maintain the delivery warehouse
- Maintain insurance compliance and oversee the Driver Safety Program
- Participate in the recruitment, onboarding, and training of new delivery drivers
- Directly manage Driver Supervisor(s) and delivery team
- Ensure the team has the tools needed to fulfill job responsibilities
- Clearly communicate with leadership all that pertains to fleet management and delivery operations
- Build trust and working relationships with Driver Supervisor(s), drivers, and pharmacy staff to create a team-oriented culture
- Provide coaching and development plans to the delivery team when needed.
What will you need to succeed?
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Strong background in operations and management
- Proven leadership experience
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively solve problems, think for themselves, and create practical solutions to complex analytical and organizational challenges with little oversight
- Comprehensive working knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of fleet management and the ability to use knowledge in varied situations
- Possess a responsible, detail-oriented, results-driven work ethic
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with the pharmacy teams (technicians, pharmacists, clerks) to manage delivery operations
- Extremely organized to be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Not only are we committed to offering excellent company benefits, but we also have the added perk of working in a flexible, respectful, and supportive team environment.
- Competitive compensation and 401k plan with company match
- Company health plans including medical, pharmacy, vision, dental, and supplemental insurance options
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Direct Primary Care program offering local personalized care for you and your family
- Wellness program with discounted gym memberships and an employee assistance program
- Prioritized work + life balance by providing generous vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays
- Paid volunteer days to support the community
We’re on a mission to improve healthcare. Will you join us?
At Sona, our patients are more than medications. They’re people with a story, a family, a history, and a future. And when they come to the pharmacy counter, they need more than medications. They need someone who cares about them and wants them to feel their best so they can enjoy their lives outside of the pharmacy walls.
Could you be that “someone”? Our mission can only happen when we hire the right people
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.