1070 Tunnel Road
Asheville, NC 28805
We Are Looking For…
An Accounting Assistant to perform a variety of financial and accounting functions integral to ensuring smooth business operations, assisting the executive team in decision-making, and facilitating financial reporting in the dynamic and constantly evolving healthcare field.
To thrive in this role…
You are someone who is detail-oriented, accuracy-focused, and a critical thinker by nature. You also are someone who places importance on time management and following through on tasks to completion.
What will your day look like?
- Accounts payable – receive, track and manage invoices, enter into the accounting system accurately and consistently, create payments.
- Accounts receivable – receive, track and manage payments, enter deposits into the accounting system accurately and consistently, make deposits using remote capture, prepare monthly/semi-monthly invoices.
- Assist Controller with month-end financial close (record basic transactions, data entry, reconciliations).
- Assist operations team with managing purchases with guidance from Controller.
- Assist executive team with basic financial functions.
- Assist with and manage projects on an as-needed basis under the direction of the Controller.
- Assist with the transition to automation of processes and digitization of documentation.
What Will You Need to Succeed?
- Associates degree or certificate in a related field, Bachelor degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in accounting, finance, bookkeeping, or administration.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining careful attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities.
- Ability to self-review work to ensure accuracy.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred).
- QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
Not only are we committed to offering excellent company benefits, but we also have the added perk of working in a flexible, respectful, and supportive team environment.
- Company health plans including medical, prescription, vision, dental, and supplemental insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid membership for a Direct Primary Care program offering local, personalized care for you and your family
- Wellness program with discounted gym memberships and an employee assistance program
- Prioritized work + life balance by providing generous vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays
- Paid volunteer days
- 401k plan with company match
We’re on a mission to improve healthcare. Will you join us?
At Sona, our patients are more than medications. They’re people with a story, a family, a history, and a future. And when they come to the pharmacy counter, they need more than medications. They need someone who cares about them and wants them to feel their best so they can enjoy their lives outside of the pharmacy walls.
Could you be that “someone”? Our mission can only happen when we hire the right people.
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.